The tool requires the core Fallout data files,
critter.dat, as well as
fallout2.exe in order to run properly. If neither exists in the game directory then the tool won't run.
patch000.dat is an optional inclusion.
While the option "unpacking the proto files from .dat" is enabled, then patch000.dat (if it exists in the directory) is unpacked first before master.dat.
The tool currently works only with Polish and US versions of the game. It might work with Spanish as well, but that has not been verified. It is not known if F2wedit will work with other languages as the structure of master.dat is not guaranteed to be the same in other languages.
- Editing items' prototype files and creating new ones
- Full compatibility with Interplay Mapper's item's proto editor
- Setting attributes "read-only" and "archive" for files
- Ability to unpacking only selected types of files
- Ability to view packed files without unpacking them
- Easy editing for selected files, other files will stay packed
- Option to automatically unpacking files every click in listview
- Any other options you will know while using the tool.
Some improvements to 1.30:Edit
- Option to Enable/Disable automatically unpacking of proto files
- Option to unpack selected type of items proto files
- option to unpack all files at once
- Viewing packed files
- Editing only unpacked files
- Described options of Critical Failures for weapons
- Added new options for Key, Misc, Container tabs
- Some small visual updates
- Comboboxes will be filled with names of language from your Fallout 2 installation automatically
- Enabled option to change Item ID number
- Fixed option of setting attribute Read-Only or archive
- New option in Help, titled Help with some useful info about not understanding issues etc.,
- In WEAPON table the Crit Fails's edit is changed to more easy list of choice with the descriptions of Crit Fails for *Weapons in game; in MISC, KEY or the CONTAINER tab, there are new options for using like in the Mapper, some changes in Menu and in the WEAPON table.
- The tool crashes when no *.FRM file exists in "art/inven" or "art/items" directory for a custom proto item i.e. Fire Gecko Pelt has its own FRM files and one of these do not exist - the bug is fixed
- F2wedit v188.8.131.52 download
- NMA forum thread for Cubik's original Fallout 1/2 Modding Tools
- F2wedit Updater is the tool for updating f2wedit to newer versions (BROKEN as of 17:23, October 11, 2017 (UTC) -- Ghouly89 (Talk) )