Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This program modifies "falloutw.exe" in memory for the purposes of increasing the visual resolution, playing in a window and other enhancements.
Currently Supported versions of the "Falloutw.exe" are:
- US 1.1
- TeamX Patch 1.2 (Executable included in TeamX's Fallout 1 patch)
- Fallout Restoration Mod 1.2 (Executable included in Wasteland Ghost's Fallout 1 mod)
- Polish 1.2
- Fallout Collection (PC DVD) WHITE LABEL 1.2
Some other versions will also work but will be recognized as one of the versions listed above.
Created by Mash.
- Fixed a bug that may cause a crash when restoring a maximized window after adjusting the 2X scaler.
- Fixed a typo in Russian ScrnSet.msg translation - fix supplied by Drobovik
- Fixed transitional fade not displaying from Main-menu to Load screen.
- Replaced HALLDED.edg file, removing the angled edge obstructing the view to the North/East on the 2nd map level. - edge file supplied by Sduibek
- Fixed scriptable button function which was scaling up the button position as the resolution increased beyond 640x480.
- Fixed a goof up from the previous version causing crashes when creating scriptable windows.
- Fixed a bug when using the 2X scaler with windowed mode, causing the game to crash when moving the mouse beyond the window border.
- Fixed a rare bug that could sometimes cause a crash when updating palette entries.
- Adjusted transitional fade functions, in previous versions fade time speed was calculated before every transition, which is probably unnecessary in most cases. This should now only occur at resolution change.
- Added option to the config ini (FADE_TIME_RECALCULATE_ON_FADE). When enabled fade time will be recalculated before each transitional fade.
- Added option to the config ini (INV_ADD_ITEMS_AT_TOP). "THIS SETTING IS EXPERIMENTAL" When enabled forces items to be added to the beginning of an objects inventory rather than the end.
- For Inventory and Use-Item-On screens, made use of the Page Up, Page Down, Home and End keys for quicker navigation (as in Fallout 2).
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing an inability to target an enemy with clear line of sight.
- Fixed a bug causing text in the interface-bar console to be cropped if a word was longer than the console width. Text is now cut with the remained being displayed on the next line.
- Fixed scriptable window functions which were scaling up the window as the resolution increased beyond 640x480.
- Added option to the config ini for alternative mouse input (SCROLLWHEEL_FOCUS_PRIMARY_MENU). When accessing inventory, barter etc. Makes the scroll wheel focus control on to the PC items list when mouse is not hovering over another list.
- Added option to the config ini (FADE_TIME_MODIFIER). To decrease/increase transitional fade effect length.
- For alternative mouse input, fixed cursor position after using mouse menu.
- Removed fallout2 lines "f2_res_dat=f2_res.dat" and "f2_res_patches=data\" from being created in the ini.
- Reinstated option in the config ini to reduce CPU usage. (accidentally removed in v4.1.0)
- Removed the necessity to use windows message base mouse control over DirectInput. Alternative mouse input is disabled by default.
- In the config ini, moved ALT_MOUSE_INPUT setting from MAIN to new section INPUT.
- Added option to the config ini, EXTRA_WIN_MSG_CHECKS to INPUT section to fix "NOT RESPONDING" error in windowed mode.
- Added for alternative mouse input, console message scrolling via mouse wheel.
- Added for alternative mouse input, weapon slot switching via middle button.
- Added for alternative mouse input, scroll various lists by page when holding middle button down while scrolling.
- Added button to f1_res_Config.exe to open the f1_res.ini for editing. This should be useful for those with Win Vista+ and UAC_AWARE enabled.
- Fixed f1_res_Config.exe text(Fallout2 strings were accidentally used in previous version)
- Fixed a bug causing the mouse to jiggle about.
- Fixed a bug causing the screen to flicker in some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug for non english versions causing text not to wrap in the in-game hi-res settings window.
- Fixed a bug causing a black box to obsure the screen in some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect mouse placement on the world map when using the 2x scaler.
- Fixed a bug causing the world map to be displayed on top of movies in some circumstances.
- Fixed a problem with the DirectX9 mode causing the creation of the movie buffers to fail.
- Replaced Mouse DirectInput with Windows functions and messages. This is required for graphics modes 1 and 2 but optional for mode 0(basic mode).
- Made the inventory scrollable with the mouse wheel as removing DirectInput for the mouse killed the like functions in sfall.
- Improved performance when using the DirectX9 mode.
- Made the patch more UAC compliant, allows Win Vista/7/8 users to change setting under "Program Files" without needing admin privileges.
- Various other minor tweaks and fixes.
- Added Russian translation text for the Screen Settings Window (ScrnSet.msg). (Created by Drobovik)
- Fixed a bug causing some objects and tiles to be lighted incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug causing the DirectX9 window mode to fail when the fullscreen refresh rate was set to something other than 0.
- Fixed a bug causing window mode to crash when adjusting the window size with the x2 scaler enabled.
- Fixed a bug which could cause non english text to be cropped in the widened interface-bar console.
- Fixed some dodgy code that may have been causing a crash when entering a map after adjusting hi-res settings.
- Removed the need to hold down a key when scrolling map view area. Scrolling is now disabled when another panel has focus, e.g. opening the in-game menu.
- Added double-click running option, functionally the same as in Fallout2. Enabled by default.
- For Fog Of War - Made Misc objects always visible as with Walls and Scenery.
- Fixed a bug in my world map code causing keyboard commands to fail.
- Fixed the pause screen for the hi-res patch.
- Fixed the vertical centring of windows when the main game window is not visible.
- Modified the wide interface-bar console to handle multibyte characters.
- Added the option to play the game in greyscale.(Pixote's idea)
- Added options to add Fog Of War elements to the game.
- Added new Graphic Output modes DirectDraw7 and DirectX9.
- Added the option to play in a resizable window.
- Added a basic scaling option.
- Overhauled the inGame Settings menu, adding some more options previously hidden in the f1_res.ini.
- Added new graphics for the dialog screen which have had a border added. (Art Created by Continuum)
- Replaced the f1_res_patcher.exe with f1_res_Config.exe to edit hi-res settings outside of the game.
- Various other small fixes and code edits.
- Fixed a potential bug which may cause the splash window to not close.
- Added an option in the "f1_res.ini" to fix the flickering screen problem.
- Added an option in the "f1_res.ini" to reduce CPU usage.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused only one word to be displayed per line in the console when using the wider interface-bar option.
- Added more display options for the interface-bar's alternate Ammo Metre.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused a blank screen when loading maps with multiple areas.
- Fixed incorrect placement of inventory/loot windows.
- Cleaned up mouse drawing beyond map edges.
- Added an option to increase the width of the interface bar allowing for a larger area to display game messages.
- Added 800 pixel wide Interface-bar Art created by Continuum.
- (W.I.P.)Added an option to display an alternate Ammo Metre which is wider and changes colour depending how much ammo remains in your current weapon.
- Fixed a bug which could cause the game to crash if one of the vault water level warning videos were played.
- Major code overhaul, most of patch re-written and/or optimized.
- Fixed Splash screen display.
- Added an option to increase the display time of the Splash screen.
- Added scaling options for Splash, Help, Death, Ending Slides and Main-menu Screens.
- Added option to load 8bit bmp's on Splash screen.
- Added option to set 32bit colour output.
- Text used in the Screen-Settings screen can now be edited in a msg file.
- Hi-res patch art and other files have been integrated into the fallout file system. And are now stored in your master *patches folder(eg. data\).
- Added map edge clipping option to hide the unused area beyond the map borders.
- Added angled clipping to clean up some original maps.
- Map edges are now the same no matter the resolution.
- Multiple edge sets can now be set up on a single map level.
- Map angled borders have been removed. All 10 000 tile and 40 000 hex positions can be utilized.
- Numerous other small fixes.
- Fixed a mistake I made adding "Fallout Restoration Mod" support which caused other fallout versions to stop working.
- Added support for the Fallout Restoration Mod
- Added some extra text to memory error messages and the "f1_res_error.log" so that it's clear that they come from the Hi-Res patch.
- Added an option "SAFER_DISPLAY_LIST" to the "f1_res.ini". To help with crashes on some systems when using the Screen Settings Window.
- Iface-sides Metal art has been updated with a browner look to match the f1 interface better(created by Simon Rawlins(Pixote).
- Improved the code for restarting fallout via the button in the Screen Settings window.
- Re-worked the code and ini files relating to hi-res map scroll boarders.
- Added the 'Options' button to the Main-menu.
- Screen resolution can be set in-game via a button on the 'Option/Game-Pref Screen' when accessed via the Main-menu.
- When subtitles are enabled, a space will automatically be created for them at the bottom of the movie screen.
- Added some side art to fill the blank areas either side of the IFace-Bar.
- Changed the format of the map edges ini files (edges are now set by hex tile numbers).
- Map-eges files can now be tweaked for best results for particular resolutions.
- f2_res.ini changes:
- MAP_EDGE_NAME setting now equals the name of the folder where map-edge files are stored.
- Added a setting to change the name of the 'Options' button on the Main-menu.
- Added a new section for the IFace-Bar for adjusting the way the new side art is drawn.
- Removed AUTO_SCRN_SIZE setting as the resolution can now be set in-game.
- Removed the [VARIABLES] section.
- Added a new file "panels.ini" to the "f1_res" folder where the various window positions are set.
- Removed all the "RES_*.ini" files from the "f1_res" folder and coded everything contained into the "f1_res.dll".
- Full Screen Splash, Help, Death and Ending Slides.
- Main-Menu Background is also scaled to screen and uses a custom frm found in the "f1_res/intrface" folder.
- Blackened the background when using the World-Map.
- Fixed World-Map Town window position to centre of screen when exiting a map.
- Fixed the stuck scrolling problem when entering some maps.(eg. rad scorpion caves)
- Re-enabled Auto-scroll and Home-Key return to character.
- Fixed Quick Save pic.
- Fixed Pipboy HoloDisk Back and Done buttons.
- Hacked an error message which displays when an unsupported res is used. It now lists the chosen res rather than 640x480.
- New setting in the f1_res.ini file - IFACE_BAR_MODE -This setting can be used to raise the viewable map area to the top of the Interface-Bar if desired.
- Added support for the "falloutw.exe" 1.2 version found in the "Fallout Collection (PC DVD) WHITE LABEL".
- Full Screen Movies.
- Added a couple of settings for movie subtitles in the f1_res.ini
- Changed the layout of the f1_res.ini to make it easier to use.
- Corrected the spelling of SCR_HIGHT to SCR_HEIGHT for no particular reason.
- Fixed a bug where the map edges data wasn't loading because the internal names of some maps were in lower case.
- Set background colour to black for the Help Screen.
- Disabled auto scrolling which was causing view to become stuck in some maps
- Fixed - NPC should now appear in the dialogue view window unless they are off the screen.
- Original Map blockers have been disabled and replaced my own functions.
- Support has been added for the Polish 1.2/Teamx version of falloutw.exe
- .res files have been renamed and are now RES*.ini files as the extension was causing confusion.
- Map now hidden when displaying Ending Slideshow
- Maps now hidden when displaying Help Screen
- Scroll distance from player now adapts to the chosen resolution.