A mod by Sduibek. This mod amalgamates most available FO1 mods into one installation. It currently contains:
- Official Interplay patch (1.1)
- TeamX patches (1.2, 1.21, 1.3.5)
- No Children Fix
- Nimrod's Dialog Fixes (many text improvements)
- Cathedral Crash Fix
- My own changes/additions that should fix crashes in the Military Base and The Glow thread here
- "FreeSpace=0" is set each time you play, so you won't have to worry about that crash either.
Included Mods / Enhancements (i.e. don't install these!)
- TeamX Fallout NPC Mod
- Sfall 1.9b the last FO1 supporting version (including shaders.fx for D3D modes)
- Fallout1 Resolution Patch
- Extended Flamer Attack
- Screen Refresh (prevents screen from periodically going black during play)
- Wasteland Ghost's Fallout Restoration Mod (NOTE THAT CURRENTLY THE INVASIONS ARE DISABLED. Please be patient, the code is all in place, I just need to set it up so there's different downloads) 
- Weapon Drop Mod
Graphics are set to 640x480 @ 8bit with the included settings files, although you can change this of course, by editing ddraw.ini and/or f1_res.ini (should be self-explanatory once you open the files for editing)
Changelog [this is outdated! need to update --Sduibek Aug/3/2012]Edit
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// CHANGES/UPDATES/FIXES by Sduibek for Fallout FIXT: //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
- Party members (including Dogmeat) can be asked to "Step Aside" in dialog, which causes them to walk a few steps in a random direction. No more blocked doorways!!
- Khans, if mistaking you for Garl's father, will now display floating messages at a more realistic interval.
- Mrs. Stapleton can no longer be stolen from.
- MacRae now properly gives you a stat bonus to fighting skills.
- When earning experience, stat points, or skill points, a system message is now always displayed.
- Fixed a few mismatches between reported Exp earned, and actual Exp earned.
- Medics/Doctors now properly heal Radiation and Poison (when & where applicable).
- About five female critters were Male gender and/or Male kill type.
- Can now alternatively get experience and complete the Phil quest by killing Dogmeat, as originally intended.
- Childkiller now works properly (i.e. if you get one of your hired NPCs to slaughter a child, it still counts against you!)
- Flamer attacks now realistically last several seconds instead of just a brief burst (thanks to .Pixote. for his Extended Flamer Attack Mod!!)
- "Taylor" (shop keeper/trader from Adytum, underground near entrance) is now properly refered to as Tine by all game messages and dialogs.
- Killing Tine now turns Adytum hostile.
- Tine's barter price mod can no longer be bypassed by clicking on his shelves/Stuff instead of talking to him.
- Bob can no longer be bribed for infinite amounts of cash (tops out at 2000 caps every 5 days)
- Dialog for all Glowing Ones in Necropolis Vault now functions properly. (Including them attacking you if you don't fix the pump)
- Can no longer avoid Hightower's conversation by entering combat and walking forward.
- Map view edges corrected for Irwin's Farm (f1res folder)
- "Hub - Irwin's Farm" displays instead of "Error" when loading a game from that map.
- NPCs: system message generated when they level up, as to what their new level# is.
- Children no longer spawn infinite Rocks.
- Can no longer steal back your caps after paying through dialog (i.e. hiring Ian, buying holodisk from Stapleton).
- Superstims can be used on your NPCs
- Generic Caravan Drivers' dialog at the Hub entrance now works as intended.
- Going to Lou via Harry's dialog takes proper amount of time in game and from "Days Left" counters.
- msg appears when radiation received from monsters, as intended.
- radscorpion poisoning damage code optimized & implemented (now checks against Endurance and/or Luck can reduce poison amount received, vanilla FO1 only checked Luck)
- ghouls' radiation damage code optimized & implemented, (now checks against Endurance and/or Luck can reduce radiation received, vanilla FO1 only checked Luck)
- Tardis' "You see a police box to the northeast." msg no longer appears twice on map load
- MaxMutants variable for Watershed properly set to 6.
- Caravaner guards' dialog improved/fixed
- If you leave Irwin's Farm without killing all the raiders, now you can go back to finish the quest. (big oversight by the programmers here!)
- Restored an easter egg from the demo. I don't think it ruins or changes the feel of the game at all, if you think so let me know. Happy hunting!
- Doc Morbid animation sequence as intended (when removing eye), you do NOT want to know how long it took to implement this. and it's a mediocre implementation. blah.
- Cows only talk on the Mad Cows map (missed a couple last time)
- Cows killed make correct city aggro. Explanation * it used to be that if you killed the "domesticated" (their description) brahmin, Junktown would always go hostile. This was if you killed such a brahma ANYWHERE in the GAME. Now I know why Junktown would be hostile in games when they shouldn't've been. Stupid programmers! lol. SO now if you kill one in the Hub, Hub goes hostile, if you kill one in Shady Sands, they go hostile, etc.
cows don't walk around as often (for realism) ghoul descriptions restored from the MSG files
- ladder/stairs showing description again when "use"ing them no longer happens (yay!)
- "use"ing a ladder/stairs/whatever now works properly when in your idle animation
- Higher quality manual included now (GOG version)
- Included two splash screens (#5 & #6) from "kevin" here (see download sections for F1 @ NMA) since they were universally liked by you all
- Doc Morbid cutting out your eye actually does HP damage and makes you Blind.
- If you kill the 3 guys that come on Caravans with you, there are now consequences - affects how much you get paid, affects your Karma etc.
- Fixed some map names/labels (Special encounters for example have a more accurate name when loading a game saved on that map)
- Necropolis Ghouls go hostile if chip taken w/out pump fixed (as intended)
- Player loses 1 (one) Flask when game states you avoided dehydration "due to your supplies of water" (only in Desert encounters currently)
- Talus finally grants the player extra ammo each week!!! (stingy bastard! geez)
- Elevator doors in The Glow that didn't used to display exp earned message on pickock and traps disarm, now do.
- Message for exp from getting to lvl 5 @ The Glow is displayed
- Can get 700xp from Zax if you beat him at chess - code from TeamX and vanilla versions failed because Criticals can't be rolled when rolling against stats. I change this to [do_check(dude_obj, 4, -9);] which basically means you need an INT of 10, and even then a win is not guaranteed.
- Added 2 small descriptions/messages when examining yourself
- "Step Aside" function for NPC party members improved & works if character is Stupid (INT < 4)
Rarely they won't move... this is due to an engine bug. Just pretend it's them choosing to ignore you periodically when you order them around
- Can ask NPCs party members to leave & reenter party when Stupid (INT < 4)
- shaders.fx note added to ddraw timeslip info
- Ladders, Manholes, etc. should now all function normally (error in script changes on my part during last version)
- Added code that can be used later to add Step Aside function to Tandi.
- Overturned Truck now also spawns bottles of Nuka-Cola based on player's Luck
- Fade times tripled in scripts (having sex, going to jail, etc.) because on modern PCs the fade times are way too fast, even on 16bit color mode it ruins realism (at least IMHO)
- Crashes at Cathedral level 3, Military Base, and The Glow level 3 should (knock on wood) be fixed for good. This involved copying over all map files from known good versions, and copying over two music files. Might have done some other minor changes too that I don't remember at the moment.
- Drugs can be used on your NPCs (still testing this, use at your own risk!!). Stimpacks work just fine, though.
- Many many many many many spelling, grammar, formatting and punctuation fixes.
- Other dialog fixes (incorrect Tell-Me-Abouts, innacurate information, etc).
- Working on getting floating messages to work properly (previously some types were broken; selecting Talk did nothing at all).
- (Partially implemented, still in progress) City-specific and Region-specific encounters can now occur on all tiles (Mountain/Coast/City/Desert) instead of just Desert. NOTE: this feature is only implemented for Necropolis currently, still working on it.
- (Partially implemented, still in progress) Time reduction bugs fixed: Going to Irwin's Farm, going to the Military Base, and most importantly going on Caravan jobs subtracts time from all "Days Left" variables equal to the amount of time that's added to the displayed game date & time. The time amounts are still very high (sometimes 20 days for a caravan) but as far as I can tell those values are hard-coded, so I can't fix it (yet)
- (Partially implemented, still in progress) Some critters were using the same text for hover description and detailed description. working on rebuilding all of these to work as all other critters do.
- Radiation "damage" received increased: The Glow all levels & entrance map (very large increase), random encounters near the Military Base and The Glow (doubled), and Ghouls (slight increase) and lastly implemented for all random encounters @ The Glow and Vats/MB. Some of the original values were ridiculously low to the point of being totally unrealistic and having very little (if any) affect on gameplay. Beware and carry Rad-X! :evil grin:
- Dropped the variable radiation "damage" from Ghouls to a max of 9, that way you won't see "You have received a large dose of radiation" in addition to the usual "You have been radiated!"
- Exp earned message and "You sense a trap near" order changed (this is a fix of an oversight of mine from a previous FalloutFIXT version)
- This mod should work just fine on Windows 7 and Windows Vista ("in theory LOL LOL LOL")
- Added a note to OP of this thread, that the Cathedral Crash Fix won't run in a 64-bit OS.
- Update to screen refresh dialog box verbiage for clarity
- (Partially implemented, still in progress) Some dialog options increased the hireable NPCs' opinion of the player for no explicable reason * like when saying "OK Goodbye" or something similarly mundane. i've change these to be a neutral reaction.
- map "introduction" msg for some areas now appear each time, not only on first visit (only a couple implemented so far)
- You can now use an angry version of the "Step Aside" text. Go ahead, yell at your NPCs!
- Underground maps (aside from The Glow due to secondary power) have had their light value(s) reduced from 40 to 20 for realism/atmosphere. (Max is 100)
- Still working on getting the Step Aside function to work better (sigh)
- Due to a strange bug in how the game reads the critter .PRO files, some critters would start with partial HP on map load. Examples are Lars, Justin Greene, and the Hub cops. I've fixed this so they are set to full HP (on first visit to the map ONLY! not looking to change game balance here). This is now complete - 476 scripts changed.
- The above fix for full HP on map load DOES NOT apply to your NPCs (this is to avoid unintended healing when wandering around) but DOES apply to the Mysterious Stranger.
- Caravan team members now have some ammo and 1 stimpack each
- Glowing Ones, Ghouls/Zombies, and Radiated Rats now do radiation damage as originally intended * 22 scripts changed.
- Fixed a bug that made some monsters invincible (oops, my bad )
- For those of you with 64-bit OS, you can now run "64bit OS.bat" instead of running both exes manually
- Slight reduction to # of punks spawned on "You encounter a small group of raiders" random encounters, for continuity
- Dehydration does about ten times as much damage as it used to, but i'm still working on this (with the unmodded code, the damage can be reduced and blocked by wearing armor, which is RETARDED)
- added stats to drugs/useables that were totally useless, so now things like Iguana, Beer, NukaCola, etc., actually have a use and a downside for balance. ((see below))
- increased HP to more realistic and balanced for quite a few critters (50 to 100 maybe??) creatures that had ridiculous hit point values - i'm refering to Peasants and Children for example, which were many times a one-hit-kill or just very unrealistic/unbalanced comparatively and we don't like that. Also certain types of rats, the Crack Assault Paladins, radscorpions, etc.
- Names of addictions under Karma are a bit more fun now, but should still be obvious which is which.
- The addiction messages ("you feel groggy") are now more interesting and actually clear what frickin addiction they apply to!
- Alcohol's "you crave a drink" message is a brand new message, created by me.
- Changes to some of the addiction % values (see below)
- A few worldmap names (the green ones you click on the green circle) changed for accuracy / continuity (Mariposa Military Base, L.A. Boneyard, Brotherhood of Steel, Khans' Camp, Children's Cathedral, The Glow, The Hub)
- Version# of FIXT displayed on main menu (yaaayy lol)
THE FOLLOWING ITEM CHANGES ARE TENTATIVE, IF YOU THINK THE CHANGES SUCK PLEASE LET ME KNOW, AND IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OF WHAT TO DO INSTEAD THAT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER!
- WEAPON changes
Molotov Cocktail dmg: 12-30 (unmodded was 8-20) Grenade (Frag) dmg: 25-40 (unmodded was 20-35) Red Ryder LE dmg: 17-25 (unmodded was 25-25), ammo capacity is now 200 up from 100 (pop culture reference ) throwing knife dmg: 4-8 (unmodded was 3-6)
- DRUGS/CONSUMABLES changes
Fruit: 1-6 HP healed, +10 rads total (3 @ two hours / 7 @ four hours) Rad-X: +Resist reduced to 20% from 50%, lasts 1/3 as long (-5 @ 8 hours / -5 @ 16 hours) Antidote: reduction is -60 (down from -75), takes 5x longer to work: (-20 instant / -20 @ five minutes / -20 @ ten minutes), BEER: addiction chance: 15% BOOZE: addiction chance: 15%, -2 Perception (was -1) Whole Iguana: + (2 to 8) HP healed, +5 rads Iguana Bits: + (1 to 4) HP healed, +1 rads MENTATS- addiction chance: 20% PSYCHO- addiction chance: 30% RAD-AWAY- addiction chance: 15%, -100 rads (was -150 in unmodded Fallout), heals less at first, more later (per the item description), however the times of 2hr/4hr remain unchanged instant: -10 rads @ 2 hours: -30 rads @ 4 hours: -60 rads //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
There's now a message to ignore the errors that may show up in the command window (for FalloutW.bat) because they can safely be ignored. free_space variable in fallout.cfg is set to zero on every game launch, fix/workaround for the Not Enough Space crash Flares * better ground image (thanks .Pixote.!), make light when held in active hand. Mountain worldmap type now supports all location-specific encounters * in other words you can encounter super mutants in the mountains near the military base, gangs in the mountains by Boneyard, etc etc. slight change to how Luck affects the type of random encounter ..uh... encountered. heh. Previously the "Bad" ones were never encountered, this should hopefully fix that forcefields on MB level 1 STAY off if you disable them via the computer (although you get a stupid message whenever the map loads...sigh) angry version of Step Aside. And yeah it reduces their reaction level of you Hookers in Falcon at The Hub now function as would be expected... they cycle through various salutations (both in dialog and floats) and the price is based on your CHarisma. Lastly they can do group action if you have someone in your party, the other details you'll just have to find out Children no longer run CONSTANTLY (those buggers had infinite stamina apparently...) streamlined my Children's No Infinite Rocks code (will only generate more rocks if all are gone) changes to drugs toned down, hopefully they are improved but not "overly changed" now * i'm feeling lazy so i haven't updated the stats listed in this thread, please try them out in-game and let me know what you think
Changes from 0.999:
- Psycho's damage resistance boost lowered from 50 to 30.
- Hired NPCs should follow the player better now. Also, 'leash' distances modified so they'll start running sooner, which should reduce "follow lag". If you don't know what i'm talking about, don't worry about it
- StepAside command- NPC now moves instantly ('teleports' without animating) to a random hex 2 hexes away from their current one. It's very unrealistic but having them walk/run to a random hex always had a chance of them not moving at all, no matter what different code I tried [and believe me i tried a LOT] which I think in the long run is more annoying.
- no more childkiller freebies - you kill a kid or a party member does, you're a childkiller. 'nuff said.
- Dehydration now ignores your armor's DT and DR as it should have all along; programmers used the critter_dmg code when they should have used the critter_heal code with a negative value.
- Dehydration also does more damage * 10 times as much as before. Don't worry, even at 10x it's not that much.
- ^^^ The above also applies to Mountain encounters that caused small amounts of damage * the damage is negligible enough that i've made it ignore your armor. Yes, not entirely realistic, but personally I found it stupid and annoying to get an encounter only to learn I suffered no damage.
(The damage for these, however, hasn't been increased)
- Badwords.txt copied over from Fallout 2, making many more words censored, for those of you who have the language filter enabled.
- More tweaks to how Luck affects random encounters. (characters with Luck of < 4 should see a difference)
- Some more grammar/spelling/text-only fixes (yaaay lol lol)
- Added sound effect for when player equips a lit flare
- Pixote's flare graphic in use (thanks man!)
- Flare works a bit better in combat now * light/nolight status will update after any performed action, such as firing a weapon. Examines and using AP for moving don't trigger it at this time.
- Flares function properly on map change/load/exit
^^^ NOTE on the above, it acts funky if holding a lit flare in the "off" hand. still working on fixing that aspect of it...
- various scripts' code optimized/simplified/whatever
- lengthened Izo's dialog entries a bit.
- when Izo is kicking you out, instant teleport to avoid exploitation: (thanks Nevill)
- Tandi can be ordered around now, this leaves room later for combat tactics etc etc:
- Marcelles (JT hotel) talks to the player regardless of game time, which allows room rental day or night. (thanks Nevill)
- Flash works properly for loitering and attacking player after telling them to leave. (thanks Nevill)
- If you set a timer on an explosive you're holding in an active hand slot, it automatically drops once the timer is set
- The red force field emitters can be destroyed, sort of. I tried for several hours to find a way to fry the actual red field itself, but no luck. So for now, if you want to you can blow up the emitter thingy but the red field still exists and causes damage. Yeah, it looks stupid visually but I like it. Always pissed me off that an already-damaged device couldn't be damaged by HIGH EXPLOSIVES lol. Anyway, if you don't like the change, don't use explosives on them!
- Another easter egg screenshot (see link in my sig)
- Brahma while on caravan now identify as a "domesticated brahma" vs. a "wild brahma"
- ghouls only radiate when hitting you with bare fists &/or point-blank melee (brass knuckles etc)
Intergrated Wasteland Ghost's Restoration Mod/Project into mine. The only thing I haven't done is Laura's script, because it's all crazy so it'll take me a while to figure it out.
- Random encounter fixes from above are included
- Invasion code is included, however it is DISABLED at this time. I find the invasions supremely annoying. Patience, soon I will have a download link that includes invasion
- all dialog entries from Restoration
- I am NOT linking DethClaw cave/random encounter/quest like RP does... personally I think the Deathclaw is rare enough in Fo1 as it is, if anything i'd like to see it more often in random enocunters, not less. Which you will, since you can now get desert-only encounters in mountain and city squares
- Begun adding comments to some scripts, the Global Vars file, etc to those who may eventually want my SSL source.
- No more stealing exploit at Killian's store. (thanks Nevill)
- Tycho aggro w/ Junktown fixes - you can't hire him if you kill JT residents, if you do he'll leave your party, etc. (thanks Nevill)
- Centaurs & Floaters radiate you on hit.
- Flares now make no light during combat if held in your hand. It's unrealistic yes, but otherwise the light can be badly exploited.
- No more duplicate experience if you kill the radscorpions and then collapse the wall. Several other minor fixes to that map as well.
- Animal Friend fixes * wasn't implemented properly on a couple of the scripts it applied to.
- Irwin dissapears from map when saved and has walked off map
- Since someone asked, Vault15 shack now always has 1 scorp, and will have 2 if you fail a Luck roll.
- WEAPON DROP MOD IMPLEMENTED! Hell yeah
- Normalized sound files for the game... ended up changing about 384 if I remember correctly. Examples are dynamite/C4 is louder, 14mm pistol won't explode your brain, various death sfx were way louder or way quiter than others, lowered volume of the "ca-chunk" when moving around your inventory. Many others.
Just for the sake of reference, here's the stats your NPCs get on level-up (I haven't changed these, these are the figures from TeamX/WastelandGhost):
ON LEVELUP: Ian: HP +15, +10; Small Guns +20, +15; Unarmed +10, +8; Melee +5, +4 Tycho: HP +15, +10; Small Guns +20, +15; Unarmed +10, +8; Melee +5, +4 Katja: HP +10, +5; Small Guns +5, +4; Unarmed +5, +4; Melee +10, +8; Throwing +20, +15; Lockpick +20, +15