Fallout and Fallout 2 both incorporate a few native file formats to store data in different ways.
Animation / ArtworkEdit
- FRM file - Frame Graphics file, used for the game-world artwork
- RIX file - ColoRIX image file, used as splash screen while loading the game
Audio / VideoEdit
- INT file - Script used by various characters and objects found in the game world
- BIO file - Pre-made character biographies
- GAM file - Holds all of the global variables (
GVAR) and global map variables (
MVAR) in the game
- MSG file - Dialogue / message file used for characters, locations, and all other text found in-game
- SVE file - Holds movie subtitle data
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.