This article lists all of the different categories of file formats used to store data in both Fallout and Fallout 2. There is full compatibility for these formats in both game engines.
Artwork / AnimationEdit
- FRM file - Frame Graphics file, used for the game-world artwork
- RIX file - ColoRIX image file, used for splash screens displayed while the game loads
Audio / VideoEdit
- INT file - Scripts attached to the various characters and objects found in the game world
- BIO file - Pre-made character biographies
- GAM file - Holds all of the global variables (
GVAR) and global map variables (
MVAR) in the game
- MSG file - Dialogue / message file used for characters, locations, and all other text found in-game
- SVE file - Holds movie subtitle data
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.